Vitamin C is the best known and most often used of all the supplements. If you’d like to know why, how important is it and just how it can help, keep reading!
- During cold months, fruits and veggies with high doses of Vitamin C are not that often. That’s why in fall and winter we usually reach for vitamin C supplements to prevent the flu and other side effects of cold weather.
- Vitamin C is well known to boost your immunity because it acts as an antioxidant, which means it not only helps battle the flu symptoms, but also helps produce collagen.
- When you’re stressed, your body requires more Vitamin C than usual, so if you’re worn down by everyday stress, grab an orange or take a supplement!
- Supplements are great, but if you can get your daily dose of Vitamin C from natural sources, try and do it. The minimal daily dose is around 60 milligrams, which you can get from eating a single orange a day. You know what? You can make that two!
- While Vitamin C is very important in cold months, don’t forget iron, vitamin B and other sources of health that are particularly important in this time of year.