KEFIR Berry Oatmeal
Overnight Oats with kefir, berries and toasted coconut
Total 12hr. 10min.
The active cultures in kefir are sensitive to heat; resist the urge to microwave the oats, keeping it chilled for maximum benefits.
- 1 ⅓ cups plain low-fat kefir (such as Lifeway)
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir. Divide oat mixture between 2 bowls. Top servings evenly with berries and coconut
SERVES 2(serving size: 1bowl)
CALORIES 263; FAT 6.8g (sat 4.2g, mono 0.8g, poly 0.8g) PROTEIN 12g; CARB 42g; FIBER 5g; SUGAR 21g (est. added sugar 6g); CHOL 7mg; IRON 2mg; SODIUM 86mg; CALC 214mg