Allergy-friendly Frankenstein Krispies
(GLUTEN, DAIRY, EGG, SOY, PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE; VEGAN OPTION)
These haunted allergy-friendly rice krispies will be the delight of any Halloween party. Easy and no bake--they only require a few additional items to turn them into Frankenstein. Free of gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut & tree nuts. Top 8 free and a vegan option too!
- 6 cups cereal*
- One 10 oz bag of marshmallows**
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon dairy-free, soy-free shortening
- Green food coloring
- Candy eyes***
- Zip top baggie
- Parchment or wax paper
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, place your coconut oil.
- Once it is melted, add your bag of marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows have melted and your mixture is smooth. Add in the green food coloring to your liking.
- Add in the cereal and stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Pour the cereal into a greased 13x9 pan. Wet your hands and press it until it is flat and molded to the pan's shape.
- Allow it to cool while you make Frankenstein's hair (the chocolate dipping).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, put the dairy-free chocolate chips and shortening in it. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stopping to stir each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Cut the cooled cereal into rectangles (mine made 12). Reshape as necessary after cutting and removing from the pan.
- Dip the top of the rectangle into the chocolate, knocking off any excess. Place it on a pan that is lined with parchment paper or wax paper so it does not stick. Finish doing this to each of the rectangles.
- Take the rest of the melted chocolate and place it in a zip top baggie. Snip a tiny corner of the bag. Squeeze out a straight line to form Frankenstein's mouth.
- Dip each of the eyeballs into the chocolate, just coating the back side of them. Place two eyeballs on each Frankenstein.
- Allow the chocolate to harden (this can be rushed if they're placed in the fridge.)
- Serve and enjoy!