Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Soft Sugar Cookies
Servings: 18 cookies
Calories: 125 kcal
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbl Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 3 Tbl Cocoa Powder
- 2 Drops Food-grade Peppermint Essential Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Add all ingredients except for the cocoa powder and peppermint oil to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough.
- Remove the dough from the processor and divide in half.
- Place half of the dough back in the processor and add the peppermint oil.
- Process until the oil is blended into the dough. Remove and set aside.
- Place the other half of the dough in the food processor and add the cocoa powder.
- Process until the cocoa is completely blended into the dough. Remove.
- Place each ball of dough between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Roll each ball out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Remove the top layer of waxed paper from each Turn one of the sheets of dough over on top of the other sheet of dough.
- Peel of the top layer of waxed paper and lightly press both layers of dough into each other.
- Roll the dough up into a log, lengthwise in.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough log into rounds that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay the cookies out on the prepared baking sheet leaving at least 1 " of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.