Paleo Grilled Moroccan Chicken Bowls
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 3 Cups Eggplant cut into large wedges (about 1/2 a small eggplant)
- 1 Cup Zucchini sliced (about 1/2 a large zucchini)
- Half a red onion thick-sliced.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/16 tsp Allspice
- 8 Oz chicken breast
- 1/2 Large tomato roughly chopped
- 1/2 Large cucumber sliced into halves
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh mint thinly sliced
- Juice of half a large lemon or 1 whole small one
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios roughly chopped
- Heat your grill to medium heat, and place a grill basket onto it while heating (this helps the veggies cook faster if the basket is hot!) Rub both the grill and grill basket generously with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant and zucchini into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Combine the cumin, cinnamon, paprika and allspice. Rub evenly onto both sides of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dump the veggies into the grill basket, and place the chicken onto the grill beside the basket. Cook the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 10-12 minutes total, flipping once half way through the cooking time. When you flip the chicken, give the veggies a good stir.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm while the veggies finish. Turn the grill heat up to medium high and cook the veggies for another 7-10 minutes until nice and charred, giving a stir half way through the cooking time.
- Transfer the cooked veggies back into the large bowl and add in the tomato, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add in the fresh lemon juice and toss to coat. Finally, add in the tahini and toss until the veggies are nice and creamy.
- Divide the veggies and chicken between two bowls, followed by the olives and pistachios.