Detox Cauliflower Mushroom Bowls
For the pesto:
- 1/4 cup Almonds, About 42 grams
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro, Packed and roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, Lightly packed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Minced Fresh Jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the bowl:
- 6 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Minced Fresh Garlic
- 8 cups Spinach, Packed
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Pre heat your oven to 375°F. Spread the almonds onto a small baking sheet and bake until golden brown and “nutty” smelling, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower into a large food processor and process until rice-like.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add in the cauliflower rice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate medium pan on medium heat. Add in the sliced mushrooms, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown and fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, add the toasted almonds into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and pulse until broken down into small crumbs. Add in the cilantro, mint, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and pepper and process until the herbs are broken down.
- With the food processor running, stream in 2 tablespoons water and olive oil, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the pesto is smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach into the pot with the cauliflower rice (but don’t mix it in, just let it sit on top of the cauliflower) and cover. Let the spinach sit for 2-3 minutes until it lightly wilts.
- Divide the spinach between 4 bowls, followed by the cauliflower rice, mushrooms, and the pesto. Finally, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top and garnish with extra cilantro.
- Mix around and DEVOUR!