Paleo Mayonnaise Recipe
This mayo is easy to make and the required ingredients are usually found in most kitchens. Since raw egg yolks are used, it is important to use pasteurized eggs and take extra care with the handling and storage of the mayo.
Calories: 247 kcal
Author: My Natural Family
- 4 Egg Yolks (pasteurized)
- 3 Tbl White Wine Vinegar (divided, or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 3 Cups Light Olive Oil (do not use extra virgin because it's flavor is too strong)
- 1 1/2 Tbl Lemon Juice
- Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well beaten.
- Add 1 T. of the vinegar and beat well.
- Add the salt and ground mustard to the eggs and beat well.
- Turn the mixer to high speed. Very slowly, pour the oil in in a slow stream.
- Once the mixture has emulsified, you can add the oil a little faster, but start with just a little bit.
- After you've added about half of the oil, add another T. of the vinegar to the mayo and mix in. Continue to add another 3/4 C. of oil slowly to the mayo as you mix it in on high speed. Add the last T. of vinegar to the mayo and slowly mix in the remaining oil. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and thoroughly mix in.
- Place the mayo in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.