Caramelized Banana Pecan Paleo Ice Cream
Calories: 322 kcal
Author: My Natural Family
- 4 Bananas
- 3 Tbl Grass-fed Butter(salted)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk(canned, chilled)
- 1/2 Cup Pecans(chopped & toasted)
- Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a sealed bag or container in the freezer overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the remaining 2 bananas into rounds at least 1/2" thick.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium/high heat until the butter begins to foam and turn very lightly brown.
- Place the banana slices in the saute pan with the butter and cook until the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Flip slices over and brown on the other side.
- Transfer the caramelized bananas and butter to a container or thick ziploc bag(use a rubber spatula to scrape all the butter and browned bits in as well) and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas(both the caramelized and the un-caramelized)in a high-speed blender like a vitamix. A food processor would work, as well.
- Break up any large, stuck together pieces as best you can.
- Pulse the frozen bananas until they start to look like very large bread crumbs.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- You may have to scrape down the sides and press the banana crumbles down into the center a few times.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Mixture will be thick like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.