Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Granola Bars (PALEO, GLUTEN, GRAIN FREE)
AUTHOR: Adriana Harlan - LivingHealthyWithChocolate.com
PREP TIME: 20 mins
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 10 large medjool dates
- ½ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips 60% dark or darker (or cacao nibs)
- pinch of salt
- Chop the cashews and almonds separately in a food processor and place them in a large bowl. Be sure to leave some large chunks, but not too big so your bars hold together and don't crumble.
- Remove pit from dates and process them in the food processor until a creamy paste forms.
- Mix the date paste, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, vanilla, flaxseed meal, chocolate chips and salt with your hands until fully combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf with parchment paper and press mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate for an hour, then cut into bars. Store bars in the fridge in an airtight container.
If you find your dates are hard to process or you don’t have a powerful food processor, you can soak your dates in hot water for about ½ hr and that will soften them up and make them easier to process.