Coconut Almond Skillet Paleo Brownies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 People
Calories 363 kcal
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Amoretti Almond Flour, (3.5 oz)*
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Dark chocolate, finely chopped (1 oz)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Almond butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the coconut flakes on a small baking sheet. Place into the oven until lightly golden brown, about 3-6 minutes. Watch closely, because they burn FAST.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut sugar and oil until the sugar is moistened. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Add in the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until well mixed, and a thick batter forms. Finally, stir in the dark chocolate and 2 Tbsp of the coconut flakes. Spread the batter into a greased 6 inch cast-iron skillet.
- Melt the almond butter for a few seconds, until nice and running. Drizzle it over the top of the brownie and use a sharp knife to swirl around. Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes over top.
- Bake until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and then DEVOUR right out of the skillet!
*PLEASE weigh your flour, as it's the best way to ensure results with gluten free baking.